Sunday, March 24, 2013

Canon 6D's dynamic range

If you haven't tried out the Canon 6D, I highly recommend it for two reasons:

  1. Very good high ISO performance (I'll post some samples of an event I shot in very little light)
  2. High dynamic range (as illustrated).
This is an image I shot in an Indian temple in Kuala Lumpur, around 10am. The sun was up and bright, which created a very high contrast from the shaded area of the temple interior and the outside compound.

If you notice the RAW photo on the left, the difference between the shadows and highlights would be well of between 8 to 10-stops. 

On the right is the image processed in Adobe Lightroom 4 where the shadows and highlights are rescued. Other technical aspects aside, I'm super astonished with the amount of information that was captured even in the shadows area and not to mention the highlights. Places where I thought contains no information, such as the distant high-rise apartments, actually exist in the RAW file!

If you haven't tried out this camera, I suggest you give it a go. I know I'm very happy with it.

Cheers!

*Click the image below for bigger image.




Here's another sample:


1 comments:

  1. Can't agree more with you Sir. I am sold and a proud owner of one now.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis